Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Still here, still creating

Over the holidays the whole family had a bout of stomach bug, yuk! That made it difficult to do much, or want to do much! I did, however, complete two batches of multigrain bread with my natural starter. It turned out pretty tasty the second go round when I used 3/4 bread flour and 1/4 whole wheat, as opposed to all whole wheat! It is a very dense bread, and very chewy, with a nice crisp crust. I don't think I would make it again, though, as it isn't my favorite homemade bread. Wanna hear a sad story? Whilst living in the house of the plague, I neglected my lovely starter. It is no longer lovely, unless you are one who thinks mold is beautiful. It went down the drain. I can make more! I am now a pro at starting starters; just not keeping them.


No comments:

Post a Comment